Tokyo, August 18, 2022 – Rakuten Group, Inc. is now accepting donations through its online donation system, the Rakuten Clutch Special Charity Fund, in support of the people and regions affected by heavy rainfall in Japan in early August 2022.
Those wishing to make donations can choose from a variety of payment methods including Rakuten Points, Rakuten Card, VISA and Mastercard credit cards, and cash transfers to a designated Rakuten Bank account, as indicated below. Donations will be accepted through September 26, 2022*1. Donations accepted through this fund will be sent to organizations such as local governments in regions affected by the heavy rainfall.
In addition, donations will also be accepted via the “hometown tax” program. A special dedicated page of the Rakuten hometown tax website has been established for this purpose*2.
*1 The donation period may be extended and/or new donation recipients may be added depending on future developments.
*2 Webpage only available in Japanese: https://event.rakuten.co.jp/furusato/mypage/disaster-donation?page-id=20220804
1. URL: https://global.rakuten.com/corp/donation/heavyrain202208_en/heavyrain202208_en.html
2. Donation period: August 9 through September 26, 2022
3. How to donate:
1) Rakuten Points: One Rakuten Point will be converted to one yen. Donations accepted starting from one point.
2) Credit card: Contributors may use any Rakuten Card, VISA or Mastercard card. Donations accepted starting from 100 yen.
3) Cash bank transfer to a designated Rakuten Bank account: Donations from Rakuten Bank accounts are accepted 24 hours a day. Contributors without a Rakuten Bank account may also make donations. Donations accepted starting from one yen. Details for making donations via cash transfer are available here:
https://www.rakuten-bank.co.jp/company/contribution/ (*Japanese page)