At a meeting of the Board of Directors of Kobo Inc., a consolidated subsidiary of Rakuten, Inc., held on May 10, 2014, a resolution was passed to change the corporate name. Effective July 1, 2014, the corporate name was changed.
1. Details of Corporate Name Change
(1) Reasons for change
To strengthen synergies within the Rakuten Group
(2) New Corporate Name
Rakuten Kobo Inc.
(3) Effective Date
July 1, 2014
2．Summary of the Consolidated Subsidiary
(1) Company name Rakuten Kobo Inc.
(2) Address 135 Liberty Street, Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
(3) Representative Takahito Aiki, Chief Executive Officer
(4) Outline of Business eBook Services
(5) Share Capital Can$ 727 million (as of December 31, 2013)