Tokyo, September 14, 2023 – The Rakuten Group would like to express our deepest sympathies to all those affected by the earthquake that struck Morocco on Friday, September 8, 2023. We send our thoughts and condolences to all those affected by the disaster.
Rakuten Group, Inc. is now accepting donations through its online donation system the Rakuten Clutch Special Charity Fund, in support of the people and regions affected by the earthquake.
Those wishing to make donations can choose from a variety of payment methods including Rakuten Points, Rakuten Card, VISA and Mastercard credit cards, and cash transfers to a designated Rakuten Bank account, as indicated below.
Donations for the fund will be accepted through October 12, 2023*1 and all contributions will be donated in support of the victims of this disaster. Details on recipient organizations will be announced soon via the official site.
Going forward, Rakuten will continue offering a diversity of support methods to provide aid to those in need.
*1 The donation period may be extended depending on future developments.
Overview of the Rakuten Clutch Morocco Earthquake Relief Fund
- URL: https://global.rakuten.com/corp/donation/morocco202309_en/morocco202309_en.html
- Donation period: September 13 through October 12, 2023
- How to donate:
1) Rakuten Points: One Rakuten Point will be converted to one yen. Donations accepted starting from one point.
2) Credit card: Contributors may use any Rakuten Card, VISA or Mastercard card. Donations accepted starting from 100 yen.
3) Cash bank transfer to a designated Rakuten Bank account: Donations from Rakuten Bank accounts are accepted 24 hours a day. Contributors without a Rakuten Bank account may also make donations. Donations accepted starting from one yen. Details for making donations via cash transfer are available here: https://www.rakuten-bank.co.jp/corp/sustainability/contribution.html (*Japanese page)
*The Rakuten Clutch Special Charity Fund does not issue receipts. Donations and contributions are not eligible for tax deductions. No transfer fees will be charged for donations through Rakuten Bank accounts for individuals. Transfers of donations from accounts at banks other than Rakuten Bank will incur transfer fees as determined by the respective bank of the account holder. Any names of companies, products and services, etc., shown above are the trademark or registered trademark of their respective companies or organizations.
About the Rakuten Clutch Special Charity Fund
The Rakuten Clutch Special Charity Fund is an initiative launched in 2011 following the Great East Japan Earthquake. As more and more aid continued to flow in from both domestic and international sources, many requests were received to be allowed to make donations online. Over the years many have donated through the fund, and this support has been directed primarily towards raising funds to provide natural disaster relief both in Japan and internationally.