Tokyo, January 23, 2018 - Rakuten GORA, a Rakuten-operated golf course booking site and one of the largest of its type in Japan, today announced that is has launched an inventory link up with XGOLF, which is operated by Greenworks Co., Ltd. and is one the largest golf course booking sites in South Korea.
Through this inventory link up, XGOLF users will become able to make real time bookings of approximately 200 domestic golf courses*1 in Japan registered on Rakuten GORA through XGOLF. In addition, course information is translated into South Korean before being submitted to XGOLF, reducing the burden for both South Korean golfers looking to play in Japan and golf courses look to receive players from South Korea.
According to the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO), between January and November 2017, approximately 6.46 million travelers visited Japan from South Korea, an increase of 40.6% from the same period of the previous year*2, and a number exceeded only by the number of visitors from China. By making the booking of golf courses in Japan more convenient, the two companies hope to stimulate demand for golf among the steadily rising number of South Koreans visiting Japan.
Rakuten GORA has already carried out initiatives to attract overseas golfers to courses in Japan by establishing inventory links with other overseas golf course booking sites, including China’s BaiGolf.com and South Korea’s GOLFZON last December. Through the inventory link up with XGOLF, Rakuten GORA will continue to contribute to the development of the domestic golf market by providing foreign golfers with access to golf courses in Japan.
*1 As of January 23, 2018. This includes golf courses that were closed for the winter.
*2 Quoted from Foreign Visitors to Japan (Estimated number in November 2017) issued by the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO).
■ About Rakuten GORA
• Operating Company: Rakuten, Inc.
• Description of services: Golf course bookings, provides Raku-gol, a project aimed at promoting golf among players aged 18 to 29, publication of “GREEN GORA” golf magazine, online registration for Amateur Golfers Tournament.
• Service launch date: October 2004
• Affiliated golf courses: Approximately 1,900 courses in Japan
Web site: https://gora.golf.rakuten.co.jp/
■ About XGOLF
• Operating Company: Greenworks Co., Ltd.
• Description of services: Golf course bookings, golf tour bookings, holding golf fairs, and so on
• Service launch date: April, 2003
• Affiliated golf courses: Approximately 300 courses in South Korea
Web site: http://www.xgolf.com