Rakuten Group Sustainable Procurement Instruction
The Rakuten Group aims to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society through its entire value chain. In advancing sustainability across the supply chains that support the provision of our products and services as well as items, systems and services used in our daily operations, our suppliers play an important role. Having a shared understanding of what sustainability represents and working together with our suppliers is essential, which explains the formulation of this “Rakuten Group Sustainable Procurement Instruction” (hereinafter “Instruction”). The Rakuten Group conducts its procurement activities in accordance with the Instruction and requests its suppliers to understand and put into practice the Instruction, and to collaborate with the Rakuten Group for the realization of sustainable supply chains.
Ethical Business Practices
The Rakuten Group conducts its business operations as a Global Innovation Company with high ethical values. We respect relevant laws and regulations globally, and social norms, and we demonstrate high ethical standards in our business operations and procurement activities.
- Legal Compliance
We comply with the laws and regulations of the countries and regions where our business activities are conducted.
- Fair and Proper Transaction
In fulfilling duties, we carry out fair and proper transactions without prioritizing the interests of specific individuals and/or third parties. We are committed to taking the appropriate procedures in case of transactions that may benefit a specific individual and/or third parties, including conflict of interest transaction, and to not conducting unfair and improper transactions that harm the interests of the parties concerned.
- Corruption and Bribery
Whether directly or indirectly through third parties, we prohibit all forms of corrupt activities, including but not limited to bribery, facilitation payments, kickbacks, inappropriate gifts and entertainment, and illegal political contributions, donations and sponsorships.
- Intellectual Property
We use our intellectual properties appropriately and do not infringe the intellectual property rights of others, including technologies, ideas, know-how and designs.
Rakuten Group has established a contact point (hereinafter referred to as “Supplier Hotline”) where suppliers contact us or seek advice regarding violations of this Instruction (the " Rakuten Group Sustainable Procurement Instruction") by our executives, employees, and/or related parties.
Details of entry
Any actions made by Rakuten Group executives, employees and/or related persons who are recognized as violating (or threatened to violate) the Instruction.
※Please refrain from notifying us for wrongful purpose that differs from the facts, or that is disparaging, slandering, threatening or interfering with business (hereinafter referred to as "Report for Improper Purpose").
Presently, we are receiving several inquiries on the communication form that differ from our original purpose (including inquiries regarding procedures for sales and line contracts). We apologize, but please note that we are unable to respond here to such inquiries.
How to contact
Please contact us through this form.
You may be contacted by Rakuten Group for more detailed confirmation of the facts. Please clearly indicate the name of the organization to which you belong, your name, and e-mail address. Please note that we may be unable provide the result, or even conduct an investigation if the contact form is anonymous or is found lacking mandatory information.
Response to Contacts
- We will investigate the facts provided by the contact information through an organization in charge that is not directly involved in the concerned purchase and procurement transactions within Rakuten Group. As a result of the investigation, if corrective measures are required, they will be promptly addressed and resolved.
- We will sincerely handle all communications with due consideration for personal information. Please note that in principle, no individual or specific measures taken within the company will be reported.
Handling of Suppliers Contact
- Rakuten Group has decided to not treat any of its suppliers disadvantageously by reason of the contact. Provided, however, that protection may not be provided in the case of unauthorized reporting or when the supplier concerned is involved in the violation.
- Rakuten Group will strictly adhere to the confidentiality of all information, including the contents of the contact information, the name, and the contact information of the contact person, and will be used only for the purpose of this investigation.
- Handling of personal information is based on the privacy policies of Rakuten Group.
- In the event of any correction or change in the personal information or other information, please contact us again using the Notification Form.