Rakuten Helps Usher in a New Dawn of Basketball in Japan
- August 6, 2019
- by RNN
June 22 to 23, 2019, Tokyo stop of Stephen Curry's Underrated Tour Powered by Rakuten
In Japan, where the popularity of basketball is behind that of the US, Rakuten has been striving to utilize its global sports assets to raise the profile of basketball. The latest initiative involves Rakuten's Global Ambassador and Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry, who came to Japan to provide underrated talents the opportunity to shine.
- Past and current initiatives of Rakuten to empower the Japanese basketball society
- Highlights from the two days of intense training by Stephen Curry and his trainer Brandon Payne
- Special program for coaches held for the first time in the tour led by Brandon Payne
- Reason and significance of holding this tour in Japan according to the team leading the efforts
- Comments from coaches and participants their takeaways!
Don't miss this video!
About Rakuten News Network
Rakuten News Network (RNN) is an internal news site providing daily video news about Rakuten to the company's employees around the world.
The videos on this site, which are originally from RNN, offer an insight into the activities of the Rakuten Group and the various services its diverse workforce provides.