Smart Stadium Initiative Delivers 100% Cashless Match Day Experience
- May 8, 2019
- by RNN
Start of fully cashless payment systems under the "smart stadium" concept at pro baseball team Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles and pro soccer team Vissel Kobe from 2019 season.
At the home stadiums of the Rakuten Eagles and Vissel Kobe, all forms of payment including purchasing of tickets, goods, or food and drink can now only be made through cashless options including the Rakuten Pay smartphone payment app, Rakuten Edy e-money, Rakuten Point Card, Rakuten Card or other credit cards.
- What is the reasoning behind Rakuten's fully cashless stadium initiative?
- What measures are in place to ensure smooth cashless payment by the customers?
- What special cashless campaigns were held on the opening day?
- What kind of knowhow was shared between Vissel Kobe and Rakuten Eagles amid the tight launch schedule?
- Check out interviews with customers and store staff on the day!
Don't miss this exciting video that offers a glimpse into a cashless future!
About Rakuten News Network
Rakuten News Network (RNN) is an internal news site providing daily video news about Rakuten to the company's employees around the world.
The videos on this site, which are originally from RNN, offer an insight into the activities of the Rakuten Group and the various services its diverse workforce provides.