Rakuten Internship Program offers college students all over the world the opportunity to acquire leading-edge technique and global experience working under the direct supervision of experienced Rakuten engineer.
Rakuten offers internships in Tokyo and other cities in Japan.
This year, we are offering unique opportunities in many engineering positions.
For detailed information on available positions, please refer to the internship job openings on our career page.
Candidates must apply for the internship via the career page site.
You will work in a small team to complete a project or a task for your team through which you will get exposure to software development cycle by working under the direct supervision on experienced Rakuten engineer.
- Must be able to start the internship in 2017 and be able to work as a fulltime after completing the program
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program.
- Expected graduation date is between October 2017 and March 2019.
- Interest in IT and e-commerce industry is preferred.
- Should be able to work five working days a week and the minimum should be at least one month.
For further information, please refer to the respective available positions on the career page for internship.
1. Choose up to two positions you are interested in and apply from our career page site.
2. Complete the online programming test and video interview.
3. Interviews (online)
Application process is conducted on first-come-first-serve basis.
Your preferred position may be at capacity if you wait until the last minute. We recommend an early registration.
- Monthly Salary (Approximately 200,000 JPY: Depends on your position and working frequency)
- Accommodation will be provided for free.
- Round trip air tickets will be covered.
- Support for getting visa
- Commuting expenses
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rakuten club activities
- Using company facilities, such as gym, massage salon etc.
For more information regarding Tokyo HQs: