1. American Express x Rakuten Global Market 10x Super Points Promotion (“Promotion”) is jointly organized by American Express, International, Inc. (“Amex”) and Rakuten, Inc (“Rakuten”).
2. This Promotion will run from August 30th, 2013 10:00am JST until October 30th, 2013 10:00am JST. (“Promotion Period”)
3. This Promotion is applicable to all American Express® Cards issued in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand.
4. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “JPY&Rdquo; shall refer to the currency of Japan, the Japanese Yen.
5. All Cardmembers who fulfill the promotion conditions in section (B) below (“Eligible Cardmembers”) will be credited with Rakuten Super Points being the equivalent of 10% for every transaction (excluding any shipping & handling fees) in JPY made online at Rakuten Global Market websites:
[http://global.rakuten.com/en/event/tieup/amex/] or [http://global.rakuten.com/zh-tw/event/tieup/amex/]. Eligible Cardmembers can receive a maximum of 5,000 bonus Rakuten Super Points in the Promotion Period.
6. “10x Rakuten Super Points” for this Promotion means 10% of the transaction (excluding any shipping & handling fees) made online at Rakuten Globail Market websites as set out below:
Standard Rakuten Super Points earned
Bonus Rakuten Super Points earned
30 August to 30 October 2013
1% of transaction
9% of transaction
Eligible Cardmembers will earn the standard Rakuten Super Points at a rate of 1% of the transaction (excluding any shipping & handling fees) without a limit on how many standard Rakuten Super Points may be earned. Eligible Cardmembers will only earn Bonus Rakuten Super Points up to a limit of 5,000 bonus Rakuten Super Points during the Promotion Period. After an Eligible Cardmembers has earned 5,000 Bonus Rakuten Super Points in the Promotional Period, the Eligible Cardmember’s earn rate will revert to the standard Rakuten Super Points earn rate of 1% of the transaction.
7. All Rakuten Super Points earned during the Promotion will be credited into the Eligible Cardmembers’ Rakuten membership accounts no later than December 31, 2013.
8. Cancelled purchases do not qualify for bonus Rakuten Super Points. If an order is cancelled on or after December 20, 2013, the Eligible Cardmember will not be eligible to receive any Rakuten Super Points for the transactions.
9. Rakuten may choose to offer selected items for “Free Shipping” during the course of the Promotion Period. In the event that such items are offered and displayed as such on the Promotion page, Eligible Cardmembers will not be responsible for paying shipping fees for items marked with a “Free Shipping” indication within the Promotion page.
You must be logged in to your Rakuten account as a member in order to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a Rakuten member, please register for a membership before entering the campaign.
2. During checkout, use your American Express Cards as specified in section (A) 3 above.
(C) Receiving and Using the Rakuten Super Points
1. Bonus Rakuten Super Points as described in section (A) 6 will expire 3 months from the date the points are credited into the Eligible Cardmember’s Rakuten membership account. Thereafter, any unused Rakuten Super Points will be forfeited.
2. Standard Rakuten Super Points earned will be credited to the Eligible Cardmember’ account immediately after making a purchase. These points can be used after 20 calendar days have passed, and expire 12 months after the points are credited into the Eligible Cardmember’s Rakuten membership account.
3. One Rakuten Super Point is equivalent to one JPY for purchases on both the Japan Rakuten Ichiba website and the Rakuten Global website.
4. You may use up to a maximum of 100,000 Rakuten Super Points on both the Japan Rakuten Ichiba website and the Rakuten Global website in a single calendar month. Rakuten Super Points cannot be used to pay Shipping fees.
(D) General Terms & Conditions
1. Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers or discounts and Rakuten Super Points cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.
2. American Express is not the supplier of the Rakuten Super Points. Any enquiry or complaint for the quality of the products or the services provided relating thereto should be directed to the relevant suppliers and third parties. American Express shall assume no liability in respect thereof. Relevant suppliers are solely responsible for all products, services, consultations and advice offered to Cardmembers.
3. American Express shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting or using any of the Rakuten Super Points, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
4. American Express and Rakuten reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
5. Should any dispute arise, the decision of American Express and Rakuten shall be final.
6. In case of inconsistency between English and Chinese versions, the English version will prevail.