Frequently-asked questions, answers.
For Experienced Professionals and MBA
For College Graduates
A summary of questions regarding career opportunities for experienced professionals and MBA-degree holders, If you have any questions that are not answered below, please contact us at the following e-mail address.
For Experienced Professionals
- Do you hire for job positions that are not listed on the homepage?
- Concerning open job positions, we will post them on the recruitment page. If the career you are seeking is not available, please register your own career selection and designated job. We provide a "Career Registration System" so that when an appropriate position is available we can contact you.
- Is there is another way to apply besides the application form?
- Please apply only from our home page. We cannot accept attached files or application mailed to us.
- I have applied before in the past. Can I apply again?
- I request that you refrain from applying to the same position more than once. However, we encourage you to apply for another position or apply again after gaining additional experience applicable to said or desired position.
- Are there any sort of application restrictions based on school background or gender?
- We do not place any restrictions based on applicants' gender or school background.
- Is there a trial/probationary period?
- Yes, we have three-month trial/probationary period for all new employees.
- Please tell me about the timing of the selection process.
- The process generally takes around one month with three to five interviews. (In the selection process there is a Web Aptitude Test and a Questionnaire based on pre-selected reading assignment).
- Is there any age limitation?
- No, there are no age limitations.
- Is there an application deadline?
- No, there is no set deadline. We recruit based on listed job positions.
- Is it possible for those without experience (or experience in a different career) to apply?
- Yes, it is possible. However, as a general rule, prior experience is a precondition for application. However, since prior experience is not necessary for all roles, we encourage those with the appropriate skills and knowledge to apply.
- During what times can interviews be held?
- We conduct interviews between 10:00-19:30 on weekdays. Besides company orientation events, we do no conduct interviews on weekends.
For MBA-degree Holders
- I am currently studying abroad. Can I apply before graduation?
- Yes, we accept applications from students currently studying abroad. After passing the selection process, we can provide employment upon graduation or before you return to your home country.
- Can I participate in an interview before coming back to Japan?
- Yes, upon consulting with us we can organize a WEB Interview (Using a web camera).
- I am a Japanese MBA-holder. What is the recruitment target for MBA-holders?
- For MBA-holder recruitment, we target those that have graduated from foreign business schools. In additional to management knowledge and skills, we would like to hire people who have had experience abroad.
- Do you employ interns that are currently studying abroad?
- Yes, we currently provide a summer internship program. For further information please inquire by email.
- What will my career path be like upon entering Rakuten?
- After determining each candidate's experiences and desire we can offer a variety of career paths. During the selection process you will be able to ask about this in greater detail.
- Can you match a person's preference for job assignment and work type?
- Yes. After listening to your preference, we will consider the best position for you.
- Is there a possibility that I will work someplace other than in Japan?
- Yes. Since Rakuten is aggressively expanding global, there is plenty of opportunity to work overseas.
- Currently how many people with an MBA work at Rakuten?
- Although we are currently in the process of hiring more people with an MBA, we already have a great number of MBA degree holders working with us.